Day 38: Moscow's Multi-Media Art Museum

Sunday, October 23, 2016

Today's free tour with Rossana was to the Multimedia Art Museum, which was also somewhere I wanted to visit in Moscow. An Australian named Jeff joined us. He's much more educated on the subject of Russian art and photography than I am, so it was nice to learn from him about Alexander Rodchenko, a multimedia artist. However, Jeff had no patience at all for Antonio Banderas' "Women In Gold" show.
We took the metro to the museum. Maybe you can't tell, but these stations are super deep.

I like how they have a play area for children in the Multimedia Art Museum.

Rodchenko used collage and graphics a lot. I couldn't even count how many magazine covers he had over his long, productive career.

Antonio Banderas says he likes the strength and vulnerability of his favorite subject -- women.

Another Banderas photo. I found his work very commercial.

This Banderas photo is called "Cafe Con Leche," (coffee with cream), which is a typical term for someone of mixed black-white heritage.








Jeff liked this exhibit by Pino Pinelli, but it didn't do much for me.
We covered all five floors of the museum, then it was time for lunch.
Rossano knew of another excellent cafeteria-style cafe nearby. This one weighs the portions and charges accordingly.

I like sampling several small portions, so I loved this restaurant.

Jeff took off, and Rossana helped me buy my train ticket for St. Petersburg. It was a lot easier to get a ticket with someone who speaks Russian.
After Rossana left, I walked around the historic center again.

Sculpture of four horses outside the Bolshoi Theater.
I appreciated the bilingual signs, however I didn't know that Moscow had an International Institute of Psychosomatic Health. Hmmm...
Stella McCartney's 2nd shop in Moscow.

If anyone thinks Russia is still communist, come check out the Ferraris, Maseratis, and Bentleys.

I prefer bikes myself.






The plaza next to Red Square.

No comments:

Post a Comment